Canada now has a national guide for wildland-urban interface (WUI) fires. Published by the National Research Council Canada, this new resource provides guidance on hazard and exposure assessment, property protection, and community resilience and emergency planning to minimize the impact of WUI fires. The guide was developed in collaboration with a Technical Committee composed of national and international experts—including CWPC’s Operations Manager, Kelly Johnston, and CWPC’s Executive Director, Molly Mowery. The guide is available for free in English and French.
- CWPC Program Associate Interviewed by NPR
- CWPC Identifies Significant Gap in Colorado Counties’ Master Plan Wildfire Policies
- CWPC Welcomes New Program Associate Katie Oran
- Canada Releases New National Guide for WUI fires
- Molly Mowery Shares Perspective on Wildfires and Development in Colorado with 9News