Canada now has a national guide for wildland-urban interface (WUI) fires. Published by the National Research Council Canada, this new resource provides guidance on hazard and exposure assessment, property protection, and community resilience and emergency planning to minimize the impact of WUI fires. The guide was developed in collaboration with a Technical Committee composed of national and international experts—including CWPC’s Operations Manager, Kelly Johnston, and CWPC’s Executive Director, Molly Mowery. The guide is available for free in English and French.
- New Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) Guidelines for Colorado State
- Urgent Need for Wildfire Preparedness and Risk Reduction Funding
- CWPC’s Molly Mowery Interviewed by The Colorado Sun
- CWPC Program Associate Interviewed by NPR
- CWPC Identifies Significant Gap in Colorado Counties’ Master Plan Wildfire Policies